Becoming a Contributor
If you don’t already have a contributor account:
1. Click the “Login/Register” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Enter your email address and set your password.
2. Confirm your account. An email confirmation will be sent to the email address you provided. If you don’t see it, check your email provider’s Spam folder.
Building your story:
1. To create a new story, click the “Add post” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page. (Instructions for cross-posting existing stories from other sites are found later in this guide.)
2. Now you’re in your post editor. This is where you’ll add text, photos, videos, links and more. Your story must have a featured image to be submitted. To add your featured image, click “choose file” and select an image file to use. Our image resource guide, here, has a great list of sites you can download images from.
— If you want to add more images to your story, click on “Add another image” at the bottom of the image upload section.You can add a video by clicking the “Video” button. To embed video, copy the entire URL from a source (like YouTube or Vimeo), paste it into the field and press enter.
— If you want to change a font, highlight the section you want to change and click on one of the following options in the editor dashboard:
B = Bold
U = Underline
I = Italic
H2 = header
H3 = smaller header
“ = quote
*You can also add bullet points, special characters, numbered lists,
strikethroughs or indentations.
If you’d like to add a hyperlink, highlight the word or words you’d like to link from, select and paste the link to the following icon:
3. Add tags —for example, liberty, freedom or America— using the collapsible story toolkit on the right-hand side of the page.
4. Sources and Cross-posting. If you used another website as a source, or are importing content previously published elsewhere, you must include a link to the original content in the “Source URL” field. This tells search engines where the content originates from, and prevents duplicate content or plagiarism.
5. Submit your work by pressing the “Submit Post” button at the bottom of the story toolkit or at the top of the page. Make sure to save your changes before you leave the page.
Here’s a checklist of everything your story needs before you can submit it:
–A category. Your category is as important as your headline! We cannot publish or promote your post without one.
–A featured image or featured video.
–Source, if applicable
You’re good to go!
Once you’ve followed all these steps, press the “Submit Post” button at the bottom of the page.
*If your story is missing any of the items on the above checklist, you won’t be able to submit.